A Day in The Life
In this role, you’ll be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining Hyfen’s state of the art software infrastructure and delivery automation processes, enabling our software teams to code and deploy efficiently. You will work in our devops team to ensure the scalability, availability, and resilience of our software services. You will support new R&D initiatives by creating and configuring new environments and establish the basis for our secure networks to span across organizations. You will have a key responsibility in our 24/7 operations, and be one of the drivers for the infrastructure, architecture, and tooling choices made by HYFEN.
Concretely, we’ll expect you to
- Design, build and maintain our cloud infrastructure (incl. Infrastructure as Code Assets).
- Setup CI/CD Pipelines and continuously improve internal delivery, test automation, monitoring, and integration processes
- Participate in continuous improvement of branching strategies
- Design, setup, and maintain platform and application monitoring (incl. logs, alerts, metrics)
We work flexibly, currently as a distributed team working largely from home due to the COVID crisis. In the future, we’ll expect you to be working with us in our Amsterdam or Heerlen offices (while remaining flexible with plenty of working from home possible).
You must be fluent in English, have experience with one or more programming language, and have proven experience working with the following:
Concepts & Principles
- Networking (incl. DNS, Encryption, VPN, firewalls, reverse proxies, …)
- Interfacing with REST APIs
- Software architecture and security best practices and standards
- Cloud infrastructure development & automation
- Bash / Bash scripting
- Infrastructure development and infrastructure automation
- Database Migration
- Agile and Scrum
- Microsoft Azure
- CI/CD in Microsoft Azure Devops (developing and using)
- Visual Studio Code
- Prometheus (and Grafana)
- Elastic Stack (ELK)
- Containerization (Docker)
- Kubernetes and Helm deployments (incl. projects such as Ingress Controllers, Argo, Cert-Manager)
- Terraform (and Terragrunt)
- Databases (MySQL)
- Version Control (git)
The Cherry on top
You’d really stand out if you have experience with:
- Hyperledger Fabric (incl. maintenance of production networks)
- Regression testing, and test automation
We are looking for someone dynamic, a team player at heart, eager to learn, and ready to jump on new topics while taking ownership in delivery.